Role: Unreal Gameplay Programmer
Start Date: Immediate.
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent.
Salary: £25,000 - £30,000 /year.
Holiday: 28 days increasing yearly to a maximum of 33 days.
Benefits: Cycle to work scheme, wellbeing stipend, flexitime, no-crunch, monthly learning days.
Required education: Relevant industry experience or Qualification in Game Programming (or similar).
Required experience: A portfolio of relevant work.
Hello and welcome from Pocket Sized Hands! We are thrilled to expand our talented team with passionate individuals who are excited about working on amazing and exciting projects together. Our team is made up of creative individuals who love to share new ideas, learn and develop new skills, and try new things, all while working on some seriously exciting projects.
We believe in fostering an open and inclusive environment where everyone can bring their unique thoughts, experiences, and insights to the table. We wholeheartedly welcome and celebrate people from all walks of life to join us and bring our vision to life.
We’re currently working on some exciting projects that we can’t share too much about yet, but we work on a mix of client projects with some amazing people and we’ve started developing our very own original IP. Our website needs a little TLC but you can see some of the latest things we’ve been working on here! with some of our latest work including Pocket Mortys, Clive ‘n’ Wrench and OddWorld: Soul Storm.
From day one, you will work closely with our engineering team within our Unreal team to assist in developing features for our client or internal IP games. You’ll have guidance from the team and the opportunity to work on platforms such as PC, Console, or VR.
After six months, we would love for you to take ownership of a small slice of a project. You’ll have the opportunity to design the software architecture for a feature or system and implement it from start to finish while collaborating with the wider team. You’ll be able to communicate and share your ideas and suggestions with the wider team.
We can’t wait to have you join our team and contribute your unique talents and perspectives to help us create some amazing games together. Feel free to reach out and ask us any questions you might have and apply today!
- Experience working within Unreal C++
- Experience in using Jira or similar for managing work and time
- You can demonstrate previously completed work where you played a role in creating solid gameplay and have a polished user experience.
- Experience working within both Unity C# and Unreal C++
- Experience with console development
- You have shipped a game before
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent Maths skills
- Strong understanding of top-down design, design patterns, game design principles, and object-oriented programming
- Experience of Git and associated clients
- Excellent organisational skills
- Great interpersonal skills, being able to listen to and understand problems as well as being able to give constructive support to the team
- Friendly and approachable with a calm demeanour that supports a relaxed work environment
- Can Beat Alan at Ticket To Ride
Contact us at email@example.com quoting the Job reference (PKT-JOB-035) in the subject and tell us why you would be great for the job along with your CV, cover letter and relevant works you have completed in the past.
We are Pocket Sized Hands, a team of brilliant, modest, boundary-pushing innovative individuals. We believe in a creative process of sharing new ideas, learning and developing new skills, and trying new things, all while working on some seriously exciting projects.
At Pocket Sized Hands, we make games together. We are committed to fostering an open, creative environment in which everyone in our team can bring their own unique thoughts, experiences and insights to the table, and we wholeheartedly believe in welcoming and celebrating people from all walks of life into our team to make this happen.
If you enjoy games and creating original content then we would love to hear from you.