Role: Junior Programmer
Start Date: Immediate.
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent.
Holiday: 28 days including Bank Holidays.
Required education: Degree Level/Graduate or relevant industry experience.
Required experience: A portfolio showing your best work
Location: Dundee, remote to begin with.
PLEASE NOTE: This is a job placement for young people as part of the government’s Kickstart Employment Scheme. You can find out more about it on the following link: https://www.greatbritishentrepreneurawards.com/kickstart-employment-scheme/
We’re expanding our wee talented team! We’re looking for a high-level programmer to help us push our games to a new level of amazing. You’ll be working with our programmers, designers and artists on exciting global IP’s and on our own brand-new internal IP projects.
As a gameplay programmer, you’ll be helping to turn prototypes into polished experiences. You’ll have a key eye for details and have a good understanding of what makes a game feel great.
- Experience working within Unity and C#
- Experience in using Jira or similar for managing work and time
- You can demonstrate previously completed work where you played a role in creating solid gameplay and has a polished user experience.
- UE4 experience and C++
- Experience in using Jira or similar for project planning and tracking.
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent C# and Math skills
- Knowledge of Unity’s animation tools
- An understating and experience of UI programming within Unity
- Experience of Git and associated clients
- Excellent organisational skills
- Great interpersonal skills, being able to listen to and understand problems as well as being able to give constructive support to the team
- Friendly and approachable with a calm demeanour that supports a relaxed work environment
- Complimentary design skills, being able to expand on design prototypes and turn them in to enjoyable experiences
- Can beat Dan, our art lead at Smash
Duties and tasks
- Prototyping new gameplay mechanics that can be iterated upon
- Contribute to the design and implementation of systems within the game
- Implement animation, audio, and visual effect systems
- Maintain a high level of good project and coding practices
- Profiling and optimizing critical code
- Work closely with our code and design leads to prioritise feature development
Contact us at email@example.com quoting the Job reference (PKT-JOB-013) in the subject and tell us why you would be great for the job along with your CV, cover letter and relevant works you have completed in the past.
We are Pocket Sized Hands, a team of brilliant, modest, boundary-pushing innovative individuals. We believe in a creative process of sharing new ideas, learning and developing new skills, and trying new things, all while working on some seriously exciting projects.
At Pocket Sized Hands, we make games together. We are committed to fostering an open, creative environment in which everyone in our team can bring their own unique thoughts, experiences and insights to the table, and we wholeheartedly welcome and celebrate people from all walks of life into our team to make our vision happen.
If you enjoy games and creating original content then we would love to hear from you.