Role: Junior 2D Artist / Generalist
Start Date: Immediate.
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent.
Holiday: 28 days including Bank Holidays.
Required education: Degree Level/Graduate or relevant industry experience.
Required experience: A portfolio showing your best work
Location: Dundee, remote to begin with.
PLEASE NOTE: This is a job placement for young people as part of the government’s Kickstart Employment Scheme. You can find out more about it on the following link: https://www.greatbritishentrepreneurawards.com/kickstart-employment-scheme/
We’re expanding our wee talented team! As a 2D/Generalist at Pocket Sized Hands, you will help with the creation of 2D assets throughout our portfolio of projects. You’ll work closely with our art team on the production of game ready assets all while putting your own creative stamp onto the design within our games.
We’re looking for an enthusiastic individual who is not afraid to experiment with different styles and try new things. While primarily working on 2D art, it may be expected at times to assist with the production of 3D assets.
- A wide portfolio of work showcasing your skills
- Avid gamer who enjoys a wide range of games
- Experience using Unity or Unreal pipelines
- Experience creating 2D animations
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent organisational skills
- Good understanding of photoshop/illustrator or similar creative software
- Experience with Autodesk or Maya
- Great interpersonal skills, being able to listen to and understand problems
- Friendly and approachable with a calm demeanour that supports a relaxed work environment
- Can beat Dan, our art lead at Smash
Duties and tasks
- Work closely with the Art lead on developing 2D and 3D artwork that fits a games style
- Creatively explore art styles for upcoming and existing projects
- Concept and prototype new character/environment designs for our projects
- Work closely with our team leads to communicate issues and blockers on your workload
Contact us at email@example.com quoting the Job reference (PKT-JOB-012) in the subject and tell us why you would be great for the job along with your CV, cover letter and relevant works you have completed in the past.
We are Pocket Sized Hands, a team of brilliant, modest, boundary-pushing innovative individuals. We believe in a creative process of sharing new ideas, learning and developing new skills, and trying new things, all while working on some seriously exciting projects.
At Pocket Sized Hands, we make games together. We are committed to fostering an open, creative environment in which everyone in our team can bring their own unique thoughts, experiences and insights to the table, and we wholeheartedly welcome and celebrate people from all walks of life into our team to make our vision happen.
If you enjoy games and creating original content then we would love to hear from you.