Start Date: Immediate.
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent.
Salary: £23,000 - £28,000 /year.
Holiday: 28 days Holidays, increasing yearly to a maximum of 33 days.
Benefits: Cycle to work scheme, wellbeing stipend, flexitime, no-crunch.
Required education: Qualification in Game design (or similar) or relevant industry experience.
Required experience:: A portfolio of relevant work
Hello, we are Pocket Sized Hands and we’re expanding our wee talented team! We’re a small indie team who are passionate about working on amazing and exciting projects. Let’s make games together! We believe in a creative process of sharing new ideas, learning and developing new skills, and trying new things, all while working on some seriously exciting projects. We are committed to fostering an open, creative environment in which everyone in our team can bring their own unique thoughts, experiences and insights to the table, and we wholeheartedly welcome and celebrate people from all walks of life into our team to make our vision happen.
We’re currently working on some exciting projects that we can’t share too much about yet, but we work on a mix of client projects with some amazing people and we’ve started developing our very own original IP. Our website needs a little TLC but you can see some of the latest things we’ve been working on here!
As a Designer at Pocket Sized Hands, this is an opportunity for you to join an ambitious team and help craft energetic and exciting experiences. It’s a great opportunity for you to have an impact on our team as we grow and learn together with every new project we take on.
From day one we would like you to be able to assist with research into our design, being able to critique gameplay mechanics from other products and be able to contribute to the ideation process.
After 6 months we would like you to take ownership of a small slice of our projects and have an understanding of our internal design processes. You’ll be able to work independently while collaborating with the project leads to help review, tweak and balance our designs. You’ll be able to contribute to the pitch documents and iterate on them with the wider design team.
An ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- 2 years+ experience as a Game Designer within the video games industry (We will also accept applications from individuals applying for their first design role that can demonstrate an exceptional portfolio)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, comfortable with writing clear and concise feature specifications and documentation
- A passion for indie games that spans over a range of different genres
- Skills in creating details wireframes using appropriate tools and software to assist - e.g. Miro, Mural, Powerpoint, Photoshop etc
- Ability to work closely with the different disciplines to process, understand and implement feedback.
- Great interpersonal skills, being able to listen to and understand problems as well as being able to give constructive support to the team
- Experience in using Jira or similar for project planning and tracking.
- Knowledge of deck builder’s and roguelike/lite games
Contact us at email@example.com quoting the Job reference (PKT-JOB-022) in the subject and tell us why you would be great for the job along with your CV, cover letter and relevant works you have completed in the past.
We are Pocket Sized Hands, a team of brilliant, modest, boundary-pushing innovative individuals. We believe in a creative process of sharing new ideas, learning and developing new skills, and trying new things, all while working on some seriously exciting projects.
At Pocket Sized Hands, we make games together. We are committed to fostering an open, creative environment in which everyone in our team can bring their own unique thoughts, experiences and insights to the table, and we wholeheartedly believe in welcoming and celebrating people from all walks of life into our team to make this happen.
If you enjoy games and creating original content then we would love to hear from you.